Saturday, December 22, 2007

Xmas lights

Herself, bless her, really enjoys Xmas with all the trimmings. She really gets into the whole deal. I have managed so far to restrain her efforts to the interior of the house, being ever mindful of the high cost of strings of lights, cute Santa's on sleighs, Elves on seesaws, Xmas trains etcetera, not to mention the hazards to aerial navigation all these flashing lights imply. You see, we do live under the flight path of the local airfield & I, for one, don't really fancy the concept of an aircraft, even if it is only a two seater Cessna or something, mistaking my bloody roof for a runway because of them.

The look of disappointment on her face when I said "No" this year was too much for me though. So I worked very hard while she was out the other day & really set things up. Can you imagine the look on her face when she came home & saw this absolute little Wonderland of lights...


4 comments:

cwnda said...

I'll bet she was a barrel of laughs that night... -Ô¿Ô- 

Flattie said...

Yep, things were definitely draughty that night

Morticia said...

*Hops in, hops out again*

Flattie said...

Knew I could rely on you for a bit of gaseous comment