Friday, October 14, 2011

They shoot horses don't they ?

I went to the Doctors today. You see, some years ago while in the throes of a mid life crisis, I bought a motor bike. Not a great ravening beast of a Harley, but a modest Honda 25o. I rode one for a while when I was younger, so I guess it was Glory Days. Anyway, the inevitable happened & I fell off. Not at any great speed, about 10 km/h in loose metal to be exact. When I went down, my left foot took the weight of the bike care of the chain sprocket landing on it. I broke a couple of bones in my foot. My first experience of plaster was not a happy one.

Anyway, it's sore again. Quite markedly so. Hence the visit to the Dr. He's from Colorado,. hence the allusion to horses. He reckons its probably injury related arthritis & has prescribed accordingly. This is on top of things like Judes illness & my Mum in a vegitative state due to advanced senile dementia. About 4 years ago, she had to have one of her little toes amputated due to cancer. I was told at the time there was a possibility that it may have spread. Apparently it has. The home phoned the other day to tell me that she has a lump in her groin. So much for her dying peacefully in her sleep. I have made a conscious decision not to go & see her any more, because it is so upsetting & I need my energy & emotional strength to care for Jude. That doesn't mean I don't love my Mum any more, I do, but the dried up little husk that I sit & watch sleep for half an hour really isn't my Mum any more. I don't know where my Mum is. I wish I did. I love her dearly still & find the thought of her dying of cancer is one that I find very distressing.

All this makes it just that little bit harder to get through every day, but I did get at least one bit of good news:- my blood pressure is a very healthy 120 over 80. The pills I take for that go a fair way towards that, but its good news none the less. I hope that I get some good news soon. I don't think I can deal with a lot more bad news.

4 comments:

cwnda said...

The good news is that every now & again, the bullet misses the horse.

The bad news is .... no-one told the horse.

Look after of yourselves. -Ô¿Ô- 

Flattie said...

Words of wisdom & a ray of hope indeed. Thank you my friend....

Deirdre said...

So sorry to hear about your mum James, thinking of you and Jude so much. Sending you love from London. Deirdre x

The Gardiner's said...

Hey mate I'm sorry to hear about your mum too. Your mum knows you love her and the mum you remember loves you too. Be careful to take care of yourself my friend. Just on the otherside of the keyboard if you need to vent.