Sunday, July 22, 2007

This Weekend, I said goodbye to an old friend

She has been sitting on the lawn casting envious glances at the brazen hussy that has taken her place inside. She of the good looks & smooth ways has supplanted the old girl that has served me faithfully the last 10 years or so. Whilst I am totally enamoured of my new love, it was not without a tinge of regret that I left her sitting in the driveway of her new home.

I know her new man will treat her gently & not expect her to extend her abilities the way I have. He wont put her into situations that really are out of her depth, but still parting has its pangs. I have finally found someone that will love my beloved old "Cool Change" as much as I have. Our trusty old 12" parker Craft has been turned over to an older gentleman that I have worked with over the years. I know he will look after her & doesn't intend to go out very far in her.

Meanwhile roll on settled weather so that we can get out in "Top Dog" Its going to be a good summer this year. Still, it IS rather strange to see that empty patch on the lawn out there .......

No comments: