Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Arthur

Tonight, I met Arthur....
Arthur is a large, very genial Maori guy....
Arthur would be about as big as me & herself put together
Arthur drives an eight wheeler & trailor for one of the companies we deal with....
Arthur comes from Wanganui...
Arthur can parallel park his rig into a gap only 10 meters longer than his truck & trailor
I know, cos I measured it.
I think Arthur is pretty cool..
And one helluva good driver...
Better than I could ever hope to be

On the subject of fireworks. Since the banning of bangers & sky rockets, the pyrotechnic capabilities of the light fuse & retire to a safe distance variety of device has gotten louder & more spectacular every year to compensate. When small children are getting severely burnt as a result of this dollar greed, its time to call a halt to public sales. Even experts in the field got hurt this year. This is bad Juju. Anyway, why should we celebrate a failed terrorist from a different country ? In the light of recent Police actions, surely this is a prime example of double standards.. And thats all I've got to say about that..

No comments: