Saturday, September 26, 2009

Well, we weren't expecting THAT

We went & saw District 9 at the movies tonight. I'm not really certain what I expected, but I don't think it was what We got. I know it certainly wasn't what Herself expected. Mind you, with Peter Jackson involved, I guess that one should expect the unexpected anyway. What we DID get was a very gritty movie with some extremely sharp teeth in it along with large quantities of blood, explosions, aliens, alien machines & the kickingest ass space ship you ever saw. We both enjoyed it. One of the previews was for an end of the world movie called 2012. I want to see it but Herself isn't so sure. I think that after District 9 she can handle it.

My eldest son, his wife & our 20 month old grand daughter came to stay for a week. Aside from him & little Anna getting a really nasty 24 hour tummy bug, we had a wonderful time. She is as cute as a bug, even though she is a bit of a handful. We all went to the Auckland Zoo & had a lovely time. I think Herself & I enjoyed nearly as much as Anna did. It's not cheap though, but worth it I think.

This is us just before they left. I don't think that I have ever been so upset seeing someone leave ever. Sean & I covered a lot of ground emotionally between us & we have set a solid foundation for a good relationship I think. Just a shame that the weather was crap. I would have really liked to have got the 3 of them out in the boat for a look round up Coromandel way. Top Dog is now in A1 condition & all ready for sea, including a near new 5hp Yamaha motor as an auxiliary. Roll oon the good weather..........

1 comment:

Kathy said...

SOOOO happy you got a visit from Sean and his family and would dearly love to see more pictures, if there are more to share, especially of precious little Anna.

Your reconciliation with Sean has given me hope that might possibly happen for me and Keely someday.

Herself looks very good in the picture! Hugs to her and yourself!

K