Sunday, October 11, 2009

A few of my Favourite things


Don't expect all the raindrops on mittens & hound dogs on kittens garbage that Julie andrews sings about in The Sound of Music. For the record, it is my proud boast that I have never actually SEEN that movie. Sorry, but Julie Andrews just don't spin my wheels somehow. Even the picture above isn't actually one of my favourite things. I'm more your basic hunter gatherer type. I'd rather go out & kill something to eat rather than wait for it to grow.

However, the look on Herself's face when she found out that I had installed the above picture as her desktop wallpaper was definitely right up there on my list of favourite things though. So is the taste of fresh snapper. I had almost forgotten that one. We got out fishing on Wednesday. It wasn't till I got back that I realised that we hadn't actually been out since I quit work. Thats way too long. It wasn't the best of days & we only caught 5 snapper, but that was enough for two nice meals for us. Sadly, Herself can't eat battered fish any more, but I had a bright idea & she enjoyed her fish. I pan fried it & served it with a lovely (even though I say it myself) caper sauce. Turned out nice it did.

The picture at the top of the page ? That's Herselfs favourite clematis out the front of our house. It is really looking rather beautiful at the moment even if you can't eat it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The pic of your flowers has such a nice colour combo.
An' your caper sauce sounds intriguing, how do you make it?
Cheers Muna

Anonymous said...

The Sound of Music was actually quite special. It's a classic.

Flattie said...

Just because its a classic doesn't mean I have to like it & I dont.....