Friday, January 01, 2010

Happy New Year

Some time ago last year, I put a nice big calendar on the wall in the office. you know the sort. The ones with the spaces big enough to write stuff in on each days space. I did this out of sheer desperation, as I was always getting someone either turning up unexpectedly, or phoning to see where we were. It's been a very busy year for us both. I took it down this morning as i do with calendars on the first day of a new year. Leafing through it was a scary experience, a little like going back through my blog. So much happened in this past year, it has just been a whirlwind.

The biggest change I think, has been going from a fully employed worker to a carer/sickness beneficiary. It hasn't been an easy transition, but like everything that you HAVE to do, you just do it & sort out the nuts & bolts later. Even so, a year on there are still a lot of nuts & bolts left in my jar. I made the same resolution this year that I make every year. That is not to make any resolutions. I do have some things that I have to do this year though. One is to lose weight. A lot of it. Next is to give Jude the very best care & support that I can. Then to spend time fishing. Then to finally get to meet the latest addition to our family. Last but not least, is to keep on telling those dear to me how much I love them. You all mean a lot to me. Happy New Year. I hope its a good one for you.

3 comments:

Kathy said...

Well, if it makes you feel any better, Flattie, you're not the only one who needs to lose weight. A lot of it.

My problem is not that I eat too much or even too much of the wrong thing. My problem is that I don't get enough (OK, any) exercise, because I'm totally and utterly controlled by what most folks call a "computer". I apparently call it "god", because I bow down and worship it all day, every day. I'm disgusted with myself, but until there's a 12-step program, I guess I'm done for.

Anyway, I hope you have a better 2010 than was your 2009, dear old friend--and you know what I mean when I say "old", right? Hugs to Herself from Yours Truly.

K

Flattie said...

Sure do. Love you too mate, & thanks for being there...

Anonymous said...

Whinges - this my second attempt!
Anyhow

The Christmas cake is an absolute winner!

Thank you guys. Gives you such a hug.

An' I have one paw planted on the last big piece which is mine.......