Saturday, May 22, 2010

Thoughts on interior decorating

I can now understand wht Adolf Hitler gave up interior decorating in favour of world domination. It has to be an easier call. We are in the throes of redecorating & rebuilding our kitchen, with the ultimate aim of getting a dishwasher installed. our present kitchen is a totally impractical layout with very little storage, so the design is being very radically changed. We are going from a somewhat hodgepodge arrangement of blue, white, brown & varnished pine to a nice clean black & white layout.

This is very nice, but it involves extensive use of paint brushes & other interior decorating tools that I'm not enthusiastic about. I wasn't all that thrilled about the tearing up of vinyl bit either. I don't mind the odd bit of tinkering about with carpentry that is needed & we will be away for the duration of the actual installation process. Once that is done, all that will be needed is the new vinyl laying. Then will come the discussion/negotiation/arguing about where everything goes & what to keep & what to heave..

I've got to go now. My troops are waiting. They say they won't go into Poland without me being there.....

No comments: