Saturday, May 15, 2010

We've got rain.

Good heavy down splattery chase the leaves down the gutter soak into the garden & do the plants good put a raincoat on rain. Boy do we need it. We have had spits & spats of it with the first real rain on Thursday night. Fattums our little ginger lady cat came in all excited, soaked to the hide to tell me about it... "dad, Dad, it's raining dad, come outside & sit on the lawn with me & get wet dad." She does so love the rain.

Meanwhile we have had a very successful garage sale. I am very proud of my little darling. She has finally accepted that she isn't going to be doing any bottling again any time soon & has let me sell all of her beloved preserving jars. It wasn't an easy call for her. She stayed inside till they were all gone. I felt sad for her, but relieved to be able to free the space up in the garage.

No comments: