Monday, March 28, 2011

Care Giver Blues

I think that Jude & I are starting to get to the hard bit in our journey. I know for certain that Jude is finding day to day things a real struggle & needs more & more help to cope. The down side of this is that I am finding that I have less time for my safety valve outlets. Every day now it seems that I have to think of new ways of organizing my day so that I can get enough "me" time in to get by. The kicker is that at the moment, the worse she gets, the more time I need & the less time I get. Just another of lifes little conundrums to figure out I guess. At least I know now what my problem is & can work on it. Little things, like remembering to give Jude her evening feed before I start beating something to death for myself, so I don't have to stop halfway through mine to do hers.

One major innovation I have come up with is the purchase of a cordless doorchime. The chime bit isn't much bigger than a pack of cigarettes & so fits handily into the pocket of my cargo shorts that I tend to wear. The buzzer bit fits neatly into a soft mobile phone case & hangs on a lanyard around Judes neck. It has a range of give or take, 30 metres, so pretty much works anywhere round the house. The whole set up for under $30.00.

Whisper has found a friend. There is a 6 month old brown male Dachsy halfway along the road that I walk every morning. He's a nice little chap except that his head & nose seem too big for the rest of him. maybe he will grow in to it. Just like I guess I will grow in to the way things are now.

No comments: