Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Beating around bushes & other stuff..

I have been doing a bit of this lately & in all fairness to those concerned I should really stop it. Those concerned, are myself, the new lady in my life, & anyone bored enough to actually read what I write here. Yes folks, you read it right. The old fellow has a new romantic interest in life. gather round, pull up a bean bag & a sardine sandwich & I'll tell you the tale.

Its not a very long one. Dori & I met on the internet. Yes folks thats right, an internet romance. It didnt take us very long to discover a mutual spark that went beyond just getting to know each other as friends. Talking via Skype has only brought out a much greater depth of feeling than either of us ever thought could be possible. We haven't actually physically met yet, but we already feel that we have known each other half a life time. We are both really looking forward to our first meeting when I return home in a few days time.

We both have an awful lot in common. I'm not going to bore you with details, but we both feel that we are kindred spirits enough to be happy together & I know we will. So be happy for us. We have both been through the mill a bit & lost partners/spouses. I thijnk we deserve our place in the sun now, so look forward to hearing about us. I'm sure the ride will be interesting.

3 comments:

Eileen said...

Congratulations. I hope everything works out for you and your new lady. Well done for moving on with your life.

cwnda said...

Sounds like you're heading home in a rush but if your timing is right & the desire is strong enough, give me a call & I'll lay out the welcome mat & boil the billy. -Ô¿Ô- 

PeaceCory said...

Jamie, I am so happy that you have a partner who sparks your interest and can help you in happiness! I know that losing Jude was hard, but I know that the last few years had put into question your faith and your happiness. She never would have wanted that for you. So, live a happy life full of love and be kind to everyone - I know you are good at that!