Sunday, January 08, 2012

A new years starts.

Well, I saw the new year in, as you know, in Invercargill. It was good, apart from being pretty much as far as it is possible to be away from home, so the trip back to Dunedin was sort of like theb start of the long run home.

I'm staying with Sean & his family at the moment & enjoying it. Taking Anna for a walk every morning to the park & being really very silly. its a good release. Also it means that for the first time in her 4 year life, I have been able to share her birthday with her. That means a lot to me, & I thoroughly enjoyed it. The little dog is enjoying being here & is becoming very protective with the kids which is lovely to see. She even went in & gave them both a kiss goodnight the other night.

The whole trip has been a wonderful healing process for me. Although I did much of my grieving while Jude was still alive, the time away has given me breathing space & imbued me with a new firm sense of direction & a fresh sense of purpose. I know now where my life is heading & what I want to do now. So I'm staying here till Monday. Sunday will see Anna's big birthday party. Monday will see me & the little dog on the road home. I will be a lot more relaxed thiis time. My first stop will be at Waimate to stay a night with some old friends there. I will probably cross on the ferry sometime Tuesday night, then will stay in Upper Hutt the next night. Then on to Greytown for the final night of my holiday with Janet & her man. Then heigh ho for home.

Im ready to be home now. There are big things happening in my life, with promise of even bigger things to come. I'm ready for it now. My life is holding a lot of promise of things to come. That is of course if it all doesnt come to a shuddering halt in December like the Mayans reckon.... Happy New Year

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Happy Birthday to Anna!! It's so hard to believe that she and Kya are 4 already!! Well, Kya will be 4 on Feb. 7th, but close enough. I find it fascinating that you and I have grandchildren who were born at almost the same time. And when you consider how old the earth is, it's like they were born exactly at the same moment. Awesome...

I'm thinking about you and your future every day, Flattie, and hoping things work out the way you want them to work. I can think of no one I know who is more deserving of happiness, joy, fulfillment, and love than are you.

Safe travels, and keep us posted!!

XOXOXOXOX
K