Saturday, December 30, 2006

Well,so much for Xmas

Thats it over & done with for another year. here we are sliding inexorably into another year. Its been very quiet in some respects at work. Mostly bulk deliveries that can be gotten rid of early. I've had two nice short days out of three. This is good because we have Morty & the kids staying with us & it gives me time to spend with them..

Yesterday we went out to a local builders supply & purchased 1/4 of a cubic metre of a lovely white shingle & finally finished off my rock garden in the back yard. We think it looks great, but the Ginger Ninja's arent that sure. Not too big on change those two. Its bad enough that they have to tolerate the presence, albeit a very dignified presence, of Nushka, but change to their evening watering hole ? Not on old chap.

Hopefully today, I will be able to get the kids out to experience a poor man's version of Sea Biscuiting. I have acquired an old truck inner tube & with the aid of a length of lightweight rope, have transformed it magically into said object. Quite how it will all go being powered by a mere 15 horsepower, I'm not really sure, but I think the kids will enjoy it anyway.

New Year is traditionally a time for reflection & the making of resolutions. I have reflected a lot & have come up with two resolutions. I am going to make more time for Jude & I together this year. I am also going to brush up on my guitar playing sufficiently enough that I can hold my own in accoustic jam sessions that are being held once a month at a local bar. Hopefully, I might meet someone interested in forming the basis of a small, low budget semi accoustic band. At worst, a jam session is always a good chance to have a chat with fellow muso's anyway.

So happy New Year. I hope it brings you what you want. I somehow cant see world peace happening though.. But it would be nice, wouldnt it?

No comments: