Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Nice ladies & little dirt bags.

It's not often that I am sorely tempted towards physical violence towards children, but today I would have gladly made an exception. You see today, I had an afternoon run up to Coromandel. I had one of our better little trucks to take & the sea was an absolute picture. I had a stop to do at one of the oyster companies, & when I went in to see where they wanted their stuff, the nice Maori lady was shelling oysters. On making suitable appreciative noises, she proceeded to give me 2 or 3 still in the shell.. Bliss... So after the last two days of hell runs to Auckland, I was a very happy little camper. Even more so as she came out with a little pottle that contained about a dozen raw oysters. Very nice they was when I got home & had them to the accompaniment of lemon juice, black pepper & a cold beer... Herself is bracing herself & hoping that they don't all work. Anyway, they tasted good & all was well in my little world

That was right up to the point when i was exiting a service lane after another delivery, & this green Toyota king cab ute came round the corner ahead in front of me. "No problem really" thought I, as we both had plenty of room so all was cool. Right up to the point where this arrogant little shit aged about 10, glared at me out the window & flipped me the bird. Did I mention that the whole uteload belonged to our major & very vocal minority group? I think it is very sad that the Maori youth of today is being preprogrammed into a conditioning of hatred towards anyone with European colouring. I also found it very sad that time, social conditioning & the fact that 3 of his extremely large cuzzies were also in the ute prevented me from going after him & smashing his nose into a bloody pulp.

No comments: