Monday, July 07, 2008

Introducing Rocky

This is the latest addition to our family. We don't know what his name used to be, but I have decided that his name is now Rocky. I think I got conned more than just a little bit. You see, it was pretty much a done thing when I got home from work. He had moved in care of herself.

Seems his original family shifted 5 months ago. The had someone lined up to take him, but it fell through, so he threw himself on the charity of a lady about 5 houses along who has two Burmese. Unfortunately, she travels a lot, so can't afford another cat, but she has been feeding him. The SPCA is full, Animal Rescue is full, so old softy bought him home threw him on my mercy. Of course I said "NO!!!!!!!!!" & threw him out into the cold cold snow... Yeah right...... He purrs, he smooges he dribbles & he eats cat bikkies like there's no tomorrow. In short, he's a cunning old bastard of a neutered Tomcat who can see a couple of soft hearted patsy's when he see's them.

Tigs on the other hand is not so easily convinced. We've had a couple of dustups under the bed in the spare room already, which has prompted me to fix the latch on the door so Rocky can have some peace & quiet. Hopefully, he will integrate fairly easily. now all we have to do is convince Tig's that he is really a nice guy...

2 comments:

Morticia said...

Welcome to Suckerville - you can check out any time you like, but you can never leave.

:-)

Kathy said...

I HAD A CAT NAMED ROCKY, TOO!!! About 30 years ago, in fact, but MY Rocky was a little girl kitty. She holds the distinction of being the only cat I ever had that gave birth to kittens. (All the others have been either male or spayed females.)

Now, of course, my dear hubby thinks I'm dispensing cruel and unusual punishment on him by not allowing kitty cats in our house. But I have my reasons, and they're good'uns, and he knows it.

Rock on, Rocky!!!!