Saturday, December 06, 2008

Dive ! Dive ! Dive!

Its a long time since I have sat down & watched a reasonable WW2 submarine movie. I think it was just about one called "Das Boot" which was excellent. Tonight, however, I sat down & watched one called "U571" which was good enough to keep me up till 11.00 pm to see the end of it. I don't think I have seen it before, but if I have, it doesn't really matter, because I don't remember it anyway. It was notable in that it had Harvey Keitel playing the gritty old chief, & John Bon Jovi playing the engineer on an American Pig Boat, who sends a boarding party to capture a German U Boat that is lying somewhere in the Atlantic, disabled. Now there is summink curious. Have you ever noticed that submarines are traditionally called "boats," while surface vessels are called "ships." Just a small aside to give you something to go "Hmmmm....." about. Anyway, it was an OK movie, with plenty of action & drama &, believe it or not, not a woman in sight.

We went to see our local Xmas Parade today. Herself really wanted to, & as our other plans didn't come to fruition, we went. She is determined to do the full Xmas thing this year & who am I to stop her. We don't know how many she has left. I'm not really a Xmas sorta person, but its nice to see Herself enjoy it.

Our GP has extracted a promise from the Neurology Department at Waikato that Herself will get an MRI scan sometime in the next two weeks. In my heart I think I know what the answer is going to be. I think we both do really.

No comments: