Sunday, December 21, 2008

It don't come easy.

I've just had Herself come to me in tears. If you follow my blog, you will know that tomorrow is the big day for us. We finally get to see, after all this time, a neurologist, who is hopefully going to be a bit more definitive in what ails her. She came to me, I think, for reassurance as much as anything. We are both very tired, & very scared. I personally feel somewhat helpless, as I would dearly love to just wrap her up & tell her its all gonna be alright. I could say the words, but I couldn't say them with any conviction, because I don't know that. I wouldn't lie to her now. I never have yet, so I don't see why I should start now.

Herself's brother came down today to do the Xmas thing. It was nice to see him, but a little awkward for him I think. He didn't know the words to say either I don't think. I'm going to bed now, perchance to sleep, as the Bard said. I don't want to dream, I just want a few hours oblivion.

2 comments:

cwnda said...

..... and somewhere in that very oblivion is a stone-shrouded diamond. Keep looking for it, my friend - it is there ..... -Ô¿Ô- 

Morticia said...

wrapped up in a silver lining...