Monday, June 22, 2009

Dreams & Rainbows

I had a strange dream last night. It didn't even involve naked women & tropical paradises. Don't ask me how, but somehow I ended up in the presence of Bob Dylan. I told him I had to split, because I had to take some fruit to the hospital. He said,"I'm comin with you man, because I'm tired of all this crap." So we snuck out the side door & off we went. We got to the hospital & we had a really groovy time, sitting on one of the beds & talking to the nurses. Bob was enjoying himself particularly, because nobody recognised him & he was just sitting chilling like an ordinary person, talking & eating oranges. Finally someone recognised him & we fessed up as to who he was. Still nobody believed us, so Bob said "OK, I'll go & get my guitar & sing for you, then you'll believe who I am." So off he went. After quite a time, we wondered where he'd got to, so I went & asked at the desk. "Oh him!" the receptionist replied,"We had that weird little guy thrown out for stealing oranges from a patient." You go figure because its beyond me.

Anyway, yesterday, we went to see the new Star Trek movie. I'm glad we did. I think its nearly at the end of its run here . Herself & I comprised two thirds of the patronage. We are glad we went. What an awesome movie. The action started right from the word "Go" & didnt let up till the closing credits rolled. It's got to be the last ever Star Trek movie, because there is no way that it can be topped I don't think. We thoroughly enjoyed it. was a nice way to spend an afternoon & escape life for an hour or two.

Last night we had an old friend & his wife come to see us. We had lovely chats for a few hours, haven't seen them in a while you see. But if you want to feel nervous, try preparing them a stir fry for tea because one of them is vegetarian & cant eat the beef stroganoff thats in the oven. Even more so, try doing this with one of them in the kitchen talking to you while you do so. I'm not real good with an audience when I'm cooking at the best of times, but with someone that knows what they are doing, trust me, its 10 times worse. It must have been OK though, because they both ate it & Kathleen went back for seconds on the Stroganoff.

I get Sherman back today after three weeks. I'm rather looking forward to it. He should be running like a Swiss watch & looking very beautiful with all the new paint etc. now we can start our touring in earnest.

1 comment:

Kathy said...

When I see Bob on August 2nd, I'll be sure to let him know that someone, somewhere, is dreaming about him. ;-)