Thursday, June 04, 2009

There's gonna be a resolution...

Well, I did make one when I finished work. I decided that I was going to set myself tasks to do every day, to give me an incentive to get out of bed & get going every day. This I have consistently done. there is only one problem with this. More times than not, what i set myself, & what I actually DO very seldom seem to correspond. Today was a good case in point. I decided that today was a good day to finally strip the vege garden out, do a bit of weeding & a load or two of compost from the tip & maybe a few winter vege's in, then if there was time, a tidy up of the garden around the Beech tree & finally Herself's new roses planted as a border.

Instead, I cranked up the leaf blower & had a real groovy time chasing all the Autumn leaves out of the courtyard. it looks a lot better now. In the process, I checked one of my compost bins & found that it has rotted down nicely & as it's only a shovel swing away from the garden round the Beech tree, I have mentally earmarked it as a nice bonus for the roses, when i finally plant them. i also spoke to my mechanic. We decided between us that it would be as well to strip Sherman's injectors out to be tested as they have probably been there without any attention since Shermy left the factory. Just as well we did as they are a bit sad, so they are away being reconditioned. So thats about another week with no Sherman.

Then I tried to wash Jude's car. I say tried, because with all this cold weather, the hose finally called it quits. There was that much water leaking from it that all there was coming out the nozzle was a pathetic dribble. meantime, herself decided that she needed a shampoo & blow wave, so we organised that & went down town. While she was having that done, I went & had some old lotto tickets checked. Sorry, no winning ones. Then I went & swapped a casto that was wrong when we bought a new office chair & had a gossip with one of the girls there that I know. Then I went to the Red Shed, bought a new garden hose & had another gossip with another girl I know. Then I went to the florist, bought a nice little posy of flowers for Herself & had another little gossip. By that time herself was ready, so I collected her & we came home.

After I swapped all the fittings over to the new hose, swore at the bits that broke because I tightened them too much & hunted down replacements, I washed Herself's car. By that time, I had to fill the wood basket then come inside & start getting dinner ready. (Pork fried rice if you really must know) & that was my day.

Tomorrow, we are going on a shopping foray to Auckland. You see, we are going down to Tauranga on Saturday, so we need to stock up on some delly goodies & raid our favourite shop for chicken carcasses. We can get them cheaper there than Morty can in Tauranga, & Nushie just LOVES chicken carcasses. We getting all excited about our trip to Tauranga & Herself's treat has been expanded to the point where it is close to being one of those impossible dreams that we all have on our bucket list, but I'm not telling you anything until after the event. Spoilsport aren't I ?

Well, thats about it. The roses still arent planted, the compost isn't moved, the vege garden still isn't done, but damn I've been busy. I'm starting to get back some of the energy that i have lost over the years of working such long hours & now instead of crashing for the day, am looking about for stuff to do. Herself is still suffering the effects of the gallstones & being who she is keeps saying she is OK, but the lines on her face & the little whimpering noises she makes when she is asleep say different. Between that & my snoring, its no wonder the Ginger Ninja's have taken to sleeping in the lounge.

No comments: