Saturday, June 13, 2009

It's 7.30 AM on a wet Saturday

I did sort of have it in mind to go for a drive up the peninsula so that we can both see the last bit of it that neither of us have seen. I would sort of like to do this before we venture further afield. The only problem is that we haven't got Sherman back yet. He has moved from the service shop to the panel shop. Aside from a slight oil leak, which I would assume is from the new filter, he is AOK mechanically now. My pet mechanic will have been round & rectified that by now as he is a very conscientious young man who has been looking after our vehicles for a number of years now. I stopped in there the other day & the boys had already given Sherm's paintwork a going over with cutting compound & cut all the old faded & worn decals back. I am that impressed with the look I am going to leave it like that when they have finished. Hopefully, we will get him back Wednesday, as they still need a couple of days to do the neccessary paintwork & one or two other little jobs. All that will be left for me to do then is straighten one of the little half bumpers at the back & find a way to buff up the alloy rims.

Soon after we bought it, I had a full set of Dunlop Desert Dueler tyres fitted. They have really impressed me. They give a good ride with very little road noise & are still less than half worn, & they have covered some really hard k's. A good cleanout & cleanup of the interior will finish it off & give us a really nice vehicle for once.

They say that there are none so blind as those that cannot see & I think that applies to me. I have had a lot of people telling me that I look so much better now, that all the stress has gone out of my face & I guess thats so. It must be if they are all saying so. I thought I was doing OK. Working anywhere from 10 to 14 hours a day, the trying to care for my dearly beloved as well. Trouble is , I wasn't doing justice to either it would seem. Now that I can concentrate on doing the one thing that is the most important, I can see things a little different. My two days off were mainly spent resting, or feeling bad because I didn't have the energy to get things done that needed it. Work was spent getting angry & resentful every time they asked me to work late or do something different that took me away from Herself for an evening.

So I'm slowly getting things done. The office is nearly tidy & in the process I have found stuff that I haven't been able to find for months. The laundry actually looks like somebody loves it again & there is yet another trailor load of rubbish ready for the dump. Herself hasn't been idle either. At my encouragement, she has finally sorted her patchwork stuff into some semblance of order. She has also finished a duvet cover for our grandson. Yes you will get a pic of it on here at some stage. Its fantastic.

She is on some fairly heavy medication for her gallstones which makes her very tired & a little demanding. I am, I hope , coping relatively well with it, but do hope for both our sakes that something is done fairly soon as the extra pain is having a really bad effect on her morale. I think the biggest worry is that when they do keyhole surgery to remove the bladder, they have to inflate the stomach cavity with CO2, which pushes on the diaphragm & inhibits breathing. The one good thing is that they do the surgery at Thames Hospital now& it's only an overnight stay at worst, so hopefully it will be soon.

Meanwhile, today I think I might finish off the office & start rebluing the barrel of my trusty old .22 rifle that has been languishing for too long with rust on it. Watching the All Blacks play France tonight will be a must view. I hope they do better than last time they played them.

1 comment:

Kathy said...

And the beat goes on...