Sunday, December 13, 2009

Friends like this... Priceless...

Jude & I were sitting at home late yesterday morning. Well, she was sitting. I was lying on my back out by the spa pool fitting some new O rings to the pool pump when there was a knock on the front door. "Hullo," I thought, "somebody's at the door. " Real quick on the uptake me. Turns out it was one of my old workmates & his wife & daughter. One of the few that actually bother to keep in touch with me. He is a really nice guy & its nice to have someone to sit & have a beer & a natter with occasionally.

But they were here on a mission. They hadn't been here 5 minutes when he had the vacuum out doing the floors & she was giving Jude a foot massage & manicuring her nails for her. Friends like that are indeed hard to find & very precious, especially when you know that he is working very long hours driving & has given up precious down time to do a good deed for a friend. I feel very humble to have friends like that. Thank you Tony & Jen.. We love you dearly.

2 comments:

Kathy said...

Very thoughtful giftors and very deserving giftees. Friends like that are becoming a vanishing breed. Wish I had even one like that...

Unknown said...

Thats just gorgeous, good friends indeed.