Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Anniversary Baby

Got you on my mind, as the old song goes. It's round about 21 years ago that I plucked up enough courage to admit to my Mum & Dad that my first marriage was irrevocably over & that I had met someone new in my life. Valentines Day was the day that Jude & I climbed in our car & made what for us, was a very long & tense trip from Titirangi in Auckland to Thames to introduce her to my parents. It says a lot for my Mum & Dad, that only having been given about 24 hours notice of all this, that they welcomed Jude into the family with open arms.

A lot of years have passed since that day & a lot of things have happened one way & another. I do know this though. No matter what she has had to face up to since we have been together, she has done it head on without complaint. Thats something that she is still doing. I loved her then & I love her even more now. We may not have as much time together as we hoped, but we have had more than some & been happier so far than a lot of others. Each day now is a treasure. I love you Babe...

No comments: