Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Its nearly finished

Herself has been following the Winter Olympics with great enthusiasm. It really doesn't do a lot for me, but I'm not saying much as i don't know how many more she will get to see. I've been having natural healing lately. I don't think that you can really call it massage, because the lady that does it is incredibly gentle. What she does is very gentle manipulation coupled with light pressure. You just sort of float away while she is doing it. Regardless of effect, the pampering is wonderful. But you do get effect. You feel like absolute crap for a day or or two, but then you come right. Only a little bit at a time but the effects are tangible. I'm starting to feel better. Less tired.

We both had a session with her yesterday, so we didn't have much in the way of time to do anything much. It sort of ate up the whole day. Today was a different story though. We have had half a load of greenwaste on the trailor for a week or more. All Lorna's from next door. i've been promising myself that I would collect up enough stuff for a decent load. I have been promising myself to do it for a week or so. Anyway, today I did it. Ventured into the potting shed & emerged resplendent in leather gloves & armed with secateurs & attacked the rose bushes. For some reason, Herself rather likes the sort of rose that tends to grow like a Triffid. You know, great long shoots heading in all directions. Anyway, I managed to prune/mangle the bushes so they look relatively respectable, throw it all on the trailor & deliver it to the dump.

Not to be content with that, we then went out to the mill. You see, I have noticed that the days are getting shorter very quickly now & our firewood heap is looking quite sad, so between Herself & me we loaded up both Sherman & the trailor with nice dry firewood. Some of it is too long for our firebox so needs cutting up. I have emptied Sherman & put the long bits on the trailor, all set to be cut up in the morning.

All this doesn't really sound like a lot , I know, but coming from someone who has been finding it exhausting just to cut lawns lately, it's a significant improvement. Tomorrow, after I have dealt to the remainder of the firewood, I think I will have to get some groceries in. Herself will probably help with the wood. Thats if I can drag her away from the Winter Olympics I guess.

2 comments:

Kathy said...

So what did Herself think of the closing ceremonies last night? To me, it was a feast for the eyes and ears. I particularly enjoyed the Russian portion of it.

Having said that, I DO hope the Russians will behave themselves when they are hosting the Games. During these Games, at least one of their athletes showed an appalling lack of grace and good sportsmanship when he didn't win the gold medal to which he was convinced he was entitled.

Yes, a love of the Winter Olympics is yet one more thing that Herself and I have in common. It's really too bad we live on opposite sides of the world.

K

Flattie said...

Sadly, she didn't get to see any of it. She had a massage appointment at the starting time for it & was pretty zonked from that. As well, we hadn't had exactly the best of days up till then so neither of us were really in the mood.