Monday, March 29, 2010

Autumn's golden gown

I love those words. They are a quote from the track "Forever Autumn," from Jeff Wayne's musical War of the Worlds. It's a track that for various reasons becomes more & more evocative as time passes. Look up the lyrics & you will see what I mean. Either that, or just watch this clip. This is Justin Hayward & the visuals are what we saw at the War of the Worlds stage show. It makes me cry every time i hear it.



But I do love Autumn. its a stately time of year. its a time when the air is cool enough & the ground is usually dry enough to get things done. I have been busy. I actually feel rested enough & confident enough to get things done. So far, I have rebuilt the front door & made a damn good start on the concreting that needs doing round the place. Ok, its not real major stuff, but its achieving goals that I have set myself & not has the self confidence to do, so they represent major steps forward for me, so i am proud of what I have done. here is the front door all finished.




















I have replaced the main lock with a new digital one that is much easier for Herself to manage & also a lever handle for the other one. Is a lot easier for her. Found a nice door knocker for a bit of contrast too. What do you think ?

1 comment:

Morticia said...

I think it looks bloody terrific!