Thursday, February 03, 2011

How does your garden grow ?

If it's anything like mine at the moment, like a damn rocket. Those of you that are actually paying attention will remember when I planted everything in my vege garden. My tomato plants are nearly a metre high already & have got fruit formed. Sage & parsley are useable & I'm having trouble keeping up with my Kos lettuces. Mind you , there is a down side to this. The weeds are growing at the same rate. A friend has given me a surefire natural spray for Oxalis, (2 tablespoons of bicarb of soda per litre of water) & it works, so I have been hanging off hoeing until the wind died enough to try it. I think the fact that the air feels like the inside of a green house at the moment probably has something to do with this.

A dear friend sent us this link Written by a gentleman who also has MND, though from the tone of his writing, he is more advanced than Jude in some respects. We have gotten some really good hints & advice from it, So its definitely worth a look. Other than that, Jude is holding her own (just) although we are both praying for a drop in temperature & humidity. Winning llotto would be nice as well.

No comments: