Wednesday, February 23, 2011

The Nutty Gritty of it all

Its absolutely dreadful what has happened in Christchurch. It's very hard to get your head around the mortality of it all & just how ephemeral human life is. My heart does really go out to the folk in Christchurch. I will admit that I have got to the point where I prefer not to watch the news any more. It all has a depressing sameness about it all.

Anyway, with all due respects, I feel at the moment that I have enough problems on my own plate at the moment. Things are starting to get a bit scary for both of us. Jude is starting to have serious problems with her breathing & is also getting very frail. I'm having problems dealing with it. Watching the one you love most in the world fighting for breath with a look of genuine panic in her eyes because she can't express herself has to be the absolute pits when it comes to experiences. Closely followed of course by the feeling of powerlessness when you can't do anything to help her.

At the beginning of all this, I blithely assured myself that I would find the strength to cope with everything as it came to pass. but I'm finding it more & more difficult to get by each day. One of the hardest things I think is that at a time that is proving to be difficult, a dear friend & confidante has left the country. I can still talk to her on line, but it isn't the same as a sit down over a cup of coffee. On the bright side, we are anticipating the arrival of some new Friends from the states on Saturday. Also today, I made a good contact to get me out doing a few music gigs again. I have the room in the garage now to set up my gear, so all I have to do now is get motivated enough to not only do it, but also get my head in the right space to sit & practice for half an hour a day. Watch this space.

2 comments:

Kathy said...

I wish I had words that could express the depth of the sadness I feel for you and Jude right now. But inasmuch as I can't even BEGIN to know what you're going through, it would be less than kind of me to try to say anything at all. You know my heart, though, and I think that beats words any day of the week.

Starting Monday, I'm going to keep my FB Chat feature on whenever I'm on FB, in case you need to talk and are of a mind to do so.

K

Flattie said...

Thankyou