Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Louisiana Rain

I was really looking forward to relaxing in front of the fire tonight with a little black dog on my lap, a glass of reasonable quality malt in my sticky little paw & some top quality Tom Petty playing on Prime in the show called Prime Rocks. Sadly, I was not to have it uninterrupted. It was one of Jude's worse nights. Up & down for most of the first half of it. The joys of being a caregiver I guess. We have , under the Dietician's supervision, been slowly changing her over to a full diet of the Fortisip Multi Fibre. We are at present at a rate of 4 of the multi to 2 of the ordinary, but its too much. She hasn't been feeling very flash, but it wasn't until the District Nurse came this afternoon that I found out that she is constipated. After the nurse left we had, yet again, another of our chats (one sided) about the value of keeping me up to date with regards to her symptoms. We are going to back her off to a 50 50 mix & give her something to soften her up & get her going again. I suggested taking her out on the back lawn & hooking the garden hose up to her PEG tube, but the District Nurse didn't seem to think it a terribly good idea. She did laugh though.

A dear friend some time ago suggested that a TENS machine might provide relief for Jude's hips & knee. I did check it out at the time, but they were a bit on the expensive side. I subscribe to one of those daily deal email things. Mostly, I just give em a quick scan & delete em, but today I sat up a bit. Out came the trusty old credit card & hey presto, 2 minutes later 2 TENS machines are on the way for a princely sum of $40.00 (I have joint aches as well & fight a constant battle with my lower back from lifting Jude round all the time) If they help, fine, if not then it's not a huge amount to shell out, as they had something like a 60% discount on them.

Anyway, to make the title of my post relevant, here is some classic Tom Petty. Smooth as.... Louisiana Rain... EnjoyLink

No comments: