Monday, July 11, 2011

Victory

I managed to get Jude into the spa this afternoon. Her knee has been giving her hell lately & although I have found a way to get her in & out with little drama, it's taken till today to do it. Basically, I have a bar stool with a revolving top that's the same height as the spa pool. After a couple of experiments that didnt work, we found the best way is for her to back up to the stool on her walker , hitch herself up on to it as much as she can. I remove the walkerget the rest of her on the stool, turn it round & lift her legs in. From there its a relatively easy thing to take her gently under the arms & lift her into the pool with me.

She did enjoy it so, but like everything extracurricular these days, there is always a price. An early night, not even watching Castle. Still, I can always get that on TV on demand.

1 comment:

Deirdre said...

I dipped in to your blog and tried to catch up today. I left a comment on 'Stormy Weather' but your post 'A caring frame of mind' really spoke to me. I hope I can be as self-aware and understanding for Roch as you are for Jude. I find your blog enormously helpful. Thank you.