Wednesday, May 02, 2007

On Anti Smacking

Has there been anything else newsworthy over the last month or so ? I doubt it. For what its worth, here is ole Flattie's 10 cents worth on this subject. I speak with some authority on this. you see, I have seen the dark side. I probably would have been prosecuted under the new law, & quite likely would have run foul of authority under the old. Its not someting I'm proud of. The guilt feelings will probably last a lifetime. Its not really me, as i am not by nature a violent person. There were reasons for me being like this. I'm not going to use them as justification, nor am I going to pour my heart out regarding them. just suffice it to say the cause was there & I have to live with the effect for the rest of my life.

Any legislation only really affects law abiding citizens. Thats why we still need a Police Force. If it were possibile to legislate crime out of existence, then we wouldnt still need the Police to pursue & apprehend the perpetrators of crimes like rape, murder theft assault etc., etc., etc., All this legislation does is enable us to punish the guilty ones.

Just because its illegal, it isnt going to deter Joe Blow from coming home inebriated or what ever & taking his frustrations out on his family. All its going to do is cause even more guilt feelings among the average caring parent, who feels the need to administer a little more disciplinarian action than time out or whatever. I think Sue Bradford must have been dropped on her head as a child because she seems unable to distinguish the difference between a tap on the bum & full scale assault & battery referring to any form of corporal punishment as "bashing"

In a world gone PC crazy, this is just another nail in the coffin of common sense. I am pleased that the Police have been given discretionary powers in this amendment. It will allow them to ignore all these bleeding heart touchy feely cardigan wearing pillocks that want to interfere in basic family functioning & get on with their real job. The apprehension of real criminals. Ones that cause real harm to honest folk... End rant..

2 comments:

barbara said...

cryptic

Flattie said...

Boy you have been trolling the archives. This came about as the result of Sue Bradford, one of our Members of parliament, basically forcing through legislation making it illegal for parents to administer any form of corporal punishment to their childre. need I say more....