Thursday, May 08, 2008

I've changed runs.

No, this isn't anything about the peregrinations & vacillations of my lower colon, this is work related. I have actually been given the shuttle run up to Coromandel, on the medium to long term, which in my job, means anything from 3 days to 3 months. The folk are just as friendly there as they are in Whitianga. Friendliness is something that is endemic to the Peninsula as a whole I think.

The main change is that I am going from a sunrise run to a sunset run. Ie from the east Coast to the west coast.I have gone from hazy, shimmery blue mornings on a good day, & dramatic, windswept foggy vistas on wet days to incredibly dramatic sunsets. When I get the run sorted properly, I will show you some pics. The other evening, Coromandel Harbour was like a large pat of butter floating lazily in the sun. As I head for home, the sunsets give me dramatic red & orange vista's. later as the light fades, the view out over the gulf is reminiscent of one of those velvet paintings that were very fashionable in the 70's. Remember them ? Anyway, here is a pic of the first of my new animal friends. he is the resident rodent operative at Phoenix House, the local retirement home. His well heeled appearance is typical of his occupation.I think I'm going to like my new run....

No comments: