Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Some Days are diamonds

This is Herself with our eldest grandson. We went to Auckland on Sunday to visit him, his Mother & Father & his little sister. Coincidentally, her two sons were there as well, & an old friend, an ex sister in law made the trip from Titirangi to Albany to see her. We had a really great day & a good trip home.

Yesterday, we both got into the back garden & hauled a trailer load of weeds to the dump. Some other good stuff happened too that helped restore our faith in human nature, but that is gonna have to stay confidential at this point. Even with all this, which should have made for a really good day, I took Herself out for lunch as well, I had a dreadful day. It ended with me holding Herself like there was going to be no tomorrow & sobbing my heart out.

Like the song says,"Some days are diamond, some days are stone." Sunday was a definite diamond day. Clear , pure, sparkling & full of hope & happiness. Yesterday for me, was a cold, hard, stone day, with the stone sitting very heavily in the pit of my stomach. I haven't decided yet what today has been. I haven't done a great deal apart from fix a pot for herself so she could plant it, & muck about in the garage a bit pretending to clean up.

Oh I finished an excellent book by Joe Haldeman called 1968. Its the story of one young conscripts time in Vietnam, his return home & his integration into society. Its a sad book, but I guess it was a sad war.

3 comments:

Morticia said...

The Hug Doctor is in the house and dispensing free samples :-)

cwnda said...

Take that stone and tear it asunder. Sometimes, inside, you'll find a wee diamond you can keep. -Ô¿Ô- 

Flattie said...

Thank you both from both of us XXXXXX