Thursday, October 23, 2008

Values

Its funny how values can change over the years. When I was at High School, the most priceless things anyone could have given me would have been a self winding watch with a calendar function & a 10 speed bike. Aaah, the naivety of youth. My values have I guess, changed a lot over the years. I have had a lot of experiences, good & bad in my life, & some have said I should write a book, but this is, I think, about as close to that as its going to get, but two days ago my sense of values changed dramatically.

At the head of the list is still the outside hope that whatever Herself has is going to be treatable. Two days ago my dear old Mum had her operation to remove a cancerous growth from her foot. I had an absolute crap day at work caused mainly, I guess, by me worrying about being so far away if anything went wrong. Herself, as usual, carried the brunt of things signing all the forms & seeing her off to theatre. I shot straight up to the hospital after work & ended up having about 5 minutes of lucid conversation with my Mum. The first time in about 3 years. She told me she loved me, & also took on board the fact that she has a great grand daughter & another one on the way. later on when rang my sons to tell them about all this, my eldest son called me "Dad" & told me he loved me. You can't buy moments like that with any amount of money.

No comments: