Thursday, January 15, 2009

How I learned to stop worrying & love the bomb...

Well, it was close. I wouldn't have been at all surprised to see Peter Sellars come in seated in a wheelchair sporting a German accent. You see, herself had her MRI yesterday. Scared shitless doesn't really cover how she was feeling. She didn't even eat lunch which was very naughty of her. When we got there, she asked the nurse if I could come in with her. To my surprise, the answer was ' "Yes." but first I had to divest myself of anything remotely magnetic. This is what an MRI machine looks like...

This is pretty much the exact same machine as they used, but thats not Herself. She did have the same cool little leg rest though. The round thing at the back is a sort of a Star Wars helmet that they stuff your head into along with some earmuffs & some packing so that you don't/can't move your head. I got a pair of earmuffs too. Damn, but that thing is loud. It has a great repertoire of sounds too. Acid rap music, sex starved robot & a rooster with stomach ache. It was all that loud that I could feel it through the trolley. I couldn't hold her hand, but i was allowed to stroke her leg. It all took about 20 minutes & then we came home totally in awe of modern science. We won't know the results till Thursday when we have a visit to the neurologist at Waikato again. We know there is only an 8% chance that its other than what they have told us it is. This is all in the nature of crossing the T's & dotting the i's I think.

It's been bloody hot here today. It's still hot. Herself is currently outside doing her bit to combat global warming by watering the garden. That should cool our little patch down. I did my bit towards the Greenhouse effect earlier. I mowed the lawn & put the clippings in the compost bin. Surely that counts towards something ? Reducing my carbon foot print ? The mower IS an electric one.. Peace love & brother hood..

2 comments:

Morticia said...

I had to run Ads foot while he was in the beasty, it made it hard to turn pages in my book and every time I yawned the coolest sound effects were created inside my ear muffs.

I'm hanging out for my MRI - there's a good snooze to be had inside the machine lol

Anonymous said...

Have had a few MRI's myself, and while they're not painful or really even uncomfortable, they do tend to make one a bit claustrophobic. They also make it sound like someone's building a high-rise just outside the tube.

Tell Herself I'm thinking about her. Tell yourself the same thing.

K