Sunday, January 04, 2009

I suppose I should say happy New Year

On reflection, Herself & I have had a fairly tough year one way & another. If you have been following my blog you will understand. The latest bombshell was that the occupational Therapist visited herself last Wednesday & told her that they are thinking about fitting a PEG (Look it up) next month. Ultimately, its her decision to have it or not, because it is, after all, her body. To say we are getting mixed reactions to the concept would be an understatement. Having read up on the subject, I must admit that I am not entirely happy with the thought of her having it so early. It requires constant maintainance, is prone to infection & the body does ultimately reject it.

There is also the psychological aspect as well. I have been concerned for a while now with her eating habits & her state of mind for a while now. Weekend events brought it to a head & after our visitors left we sat down & had a talk about things, namely that she needs to eat a lot smarter than she has been lately. You see lately, eating has become that much of a chore for her that she has been living mostly on yoghurts (good) & sandwiches, with fillings like jam or peanut butter (not good) She has conceded that she needs to (& can) eat far more nutritive food even if she has to put her veges in a blender to be able to eat them. Fish & chicken are good as well.

We had a great three days with Ally & the kids here for New Years Eve. It was a shame that I was so damn tired that I couldn't see the New Year in, but like I said, its been a tough year. I did manage to get the boys out fishing on New Years Day though. I wasn't all that optimistic, as traditionally, there is few snapper in the Firth at this time of year, but surprisingly, we did alright, bringing home enough for us all for tea & enough for Ally to take home as well. It was great to just forget about lifes worries for a while.

Well, thats the festive season done with. The next long weekend is at the end of the month with Anniversary Weekend. So, another year starts. I wonder what it will bring.

No comments: