Monday, July 27, 2009

I won

k for me too if the truth be known$32.00 & a free ticket in next weeks lotto to be exact. Not a lot, but its something I guess. meantime, life goes on much as it has been. Herself is still in a lot of pain, but at least we are getting to see the surgeon on Wednesday for what I hope is a pre op examination. If its not, sparks are going to fly. The gallstones are eroding her quality of life badly. The meds are affecting her appetite as well. She has lost 8 kg since May & can ill afford it.

Hopefully we will have some sort of resolution that excludes the 11th of May, which is when we are supposed to be going to Cirque du Soleil, but knowing our luck at the moment, anything is likely. I haven't posted much lately, because not a lot has been happening. Herself's youngest son came down for the weekend which was nice. I tried to give them as much time on their own as I could. made a nice break for me too if the truth be known.

I got an email from one of my cousins this morning to tell me that one of my other cousins has passed away at age 83. One of those blessed releases really, she had suffered from Alzheimers for years. Its a bit of a family thing on my Mum's side of the family apparently. Dad died of it too, so I guess the outlook is pretty bleak for me as well. I must admit to a certain morbid curiosity as to how much an alzheimers sufferer is actually aware of. Do you reach a certain point & everything just becomes a blank, or is everything locked away in a corrner of your brain while you slowly watch your body degenerate. All in all , I don't really want to find out first hand, but you have to agree the chances are fairly high....

2 comments:

Kathy said...

Crossword puzzles -- lots of them. At least that's what I've heard doctors believe can fight off Alzheimers.

I have a 66-year-old piano student whose mother suffers from Alzheimers (though she's apparently in the earlier stages). So my student decided learning to play the piano would be a good workout for her own brain synapses (or whatever they're called) and may even prevent her from having Alzheimers. She's not very good yet, but she's as tenacious as any bulldog I've ever known, God love 'er.

Pulling for you and Herself...

Flattie said...

Thank you for that. Dad just sorta gave up on thinking about anything much at all other than the "Good old Days" so i guess that didnt help. I actually do a lot of cryptic crosswords. If nothing else they are a good excuse for sitting staring off into the middle distance & doing nothing.

Was something else I was going to say , but I forgot.......