Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Weekus Horriblus

So far, its been a right horror. Herself started vomiting about 10.00 pm Saturday night & just didn't let up. Not even when I took her to the emergency department at our local Hospital. At the moment, she is ensconced in Waikato Hospital on a nil per mouth regime. She has pancreatitis. They are of the opinion that one of her gallstones has dropped down. The pancreas & the gallbladder share a common outlet into the intestine & they think that the stone has dropped past the point where the pancreas drains in. It's not fair, its not funny & she is in a hell of a lot of pain. I have come home tonight to do a bit of washing & a few other chores & will be back over there tomorrow. She had an ultrasound scan today so I am hopeful that something constructive will happen tomorrow, but who knows. Anyway, I will keep you posted on developments. I should be back Friday anyway. Catch you all later..

2 comments:

Kathy said...

Oh gawd. I'm so sorry to hear about this, Flattie. Please, when she's feeling a bit better, give her my best regards and a big hug. Oh, and if you think of it and have a minute, would you let me know when she's home again?

You're right: This is neither funny NOR fair.

Flattie said...

Home safe, but still fairly sore XXXX