Sunday, July 12, 2009

We had a good night

Last night we went to the Northern region volunteer dinner for St Johns Ambulance. We had a lovely time. If you recall, Herself was Friend Of The Emergency Department for them for a number of years. And she did it very well to. So much so that when she got ill, they wouldnt let her resign, so we still get invites to all the social functions, which is wonderful. Last night, the regional head of the FED department made a point of coming & getting Herself & introducing her to Lady Blundell, who is the national patroness for St Johns in New Zealand. Not only that, He made a point of getting a photo of the two of them together. That was I think, a very proud moment for Herself. Me ? I got my ass roasted for not calling an ambulance when Herself got ill Saturday . I rather think that if I did, there would have been at least two of them at the gate fighting for the privelege of taking her.

Today I bought an album called Bruce Springsteen Live in Dublin, with the sessions band. It has this track on it. Watch, enjoy & weep unashamedly as Herself & I did....

2 comments:

Kathy said...

So glad to hear Herself is at home and in the safety and warm embrace of your arms once again.

The Springsteen song is lovely; do you know whether anyone else has covered it?

Flattie said...

Thank you my dear. No, it's a Springsteen original & its actually dedicated to the troops in Iraq.