Tuesday, May 03, 2011

More steam, Igor.......

Jude's vacuum pump arrived today. Thank you Atilla for your prompt action. Don't get me wrong here, I'm not complaining about it. Far from it. Its proved it's worth already. Gave Jude's mouth a good vacuuming earlier because she needed it. It does look very Steam Punkish though. Either that, or something out of an old Hammer Horror movie. Lots of visible moving parts, a delightful noise to it and a vacuum gauge that wobbles & flutters as its working. The little dog finds it all incredibly fascinating watching it. Jude finds it absolutely fantastic, so yeah, its an oldy for sure , but worth its weight in gold. I think we'll call it "Igor."

We had a very productive afternoon, because not only did we have Sally, the physio, bring the pump out, we also had Lynn , the district nurse, here as well to instruct us in its operation. I sorta had the idea though, because I very carefully watched the ED nurse at the hospital on Saturday night. It turns out that its actually easier to let Jude do it herself. She knows where the problem is & knows how far down her throat she can put it without choking. Sally is also going to arrange time in the hydrotherapy pool at the hospital to give Jude some respite for her knee, which is troubling her badly. We are both looking forward to it a lot, because she is missing our spa pool. It's too awkward for her & she still has a persistent little infection round her stoma that makes it a bit dodgy for her to go into the pool at home anyway.

I've got butterflies. We went to the library yesterday & got to see the publicity that they have set up to promote my two little recitals that I am going to be given. Its absolutely fantastic, but very scary, so I'm putting in a lot of effort into organising a coherent & relevant sort of repertoire. I think I have it sorted. What is really good is that I am getting callouses back on my finger tips. I'm really pleased about that.

No comments: