Sunday, November 12, 2006

We knocked the bastard off

Two days, two people, two wheelbarrows, seven previously unheard blues Cd's & a lot of sweat, & consumption of bulk alcohol, but we did it. Yes folks, this is an epic story of a couples triumph over adversity, hard work & a hell of a lot of firewood. Yup, its all neatly stacked away & ready for winter, although with the weather the way it is at the moment it is our personal opinion that winter aint all that very far away. As well as the wood, I also managed to get the netting on the rack for the beans to grow on . Damn do I need a soak in the spa at this point, but herself is riveted to the telly watching the All Blacks giving the Froggies an absolute trouncing. I suppose it will make up in part for them bombing the Rainbow Warrior.. A bas le DGSE. Gros merde ils sont etre.

Thats basically the weekend screwed. Once the rugby has finished, it'll be a soak in the spa, cos herself is hurting as well. Then I think I will flash up the Barby & cook tea there because neither of us can be stuffed washing dishes, so its burnt offerings for tea tonight. What is it about mercilessly incinerating perfectly good meat that appeals to us blokes? I guess it must be some form of atavistic memory of chummy nights around a fire in a cave long long ago. I dunno. Anyway Ed & I are to share the crappy late run week about from now on. That is I suppose till the next emergency crops up & I have to change round yet again. Must be some kind of lesson I'm supposed to learn from it about getting comfortable & complacent, but I'm buggered if I know what it is.

Anyway loyal readers, I hope your week is a cruisy & enjoyable one. Depending on what i end up doing , I guess I will write soon. Take care, & please leave a comment if you want to. Would be nice to have a name or two for some of you viewers.. Later...

4 comments:

cwnda said...

*puff .... puff .... puff ....* I'm not too late to help ya, am I? Oh, damn! I am. Bugger! -Ô¿Ô- 

Flattie said...

Gee thanks Cwnda... You arrived just in time for the alcohol & spa pool bit though......

cwnda said...

An alcohol pool .... now there's an idea .... -Ô¿Ô- 

Adam Diggerman said...

What a way to drown, I mean go...