Sunday, October 07, 2007

We went fishing yesterday

Wasn't exactly optimum weather for it, but we ended up with our limit of nice fish. Herself ended up feeling a bit blurky. Something which I will admit is MOST unusual for her. To be fair, the boat was sitting about three quarters on to a nice little 1 metre swell, which wasn't exactly comfortable. I will admit to feeling a touch unsettled my self. I was disappointed that she turned down my offer of sardine sandwiches though. You see, I always tie a burley bomb to the bottom of the anchor warp. As a purely academic exercise, I would be interested to learn if a bit of surface burley would have helped as well.

Still everything considered, a day on the water with herself is always enjoyable as it combines the two loves of my life. Its a nice bonus to come home with enough fish for tea & the freezer plus the satisfaction of being able to give some to a few good friends.. We off to see my Mum this afternoon.

No comments: