Monday, November 17, 2008

Isn't it ironic.

We deliver a considerable number of pallets of the type of circular. You know the ones. If you have an open fire, you use them to light the fire with in the winter, but they aren't even much good for that. Usually they are printed on glossy paper. No good for wiping your butt with either. Nothing sticks to them, even with extensive & vigorous crumpling. Don't ask me, I just know this OK ? Anyway, they don't burn well because of the huge amount of ink in them. They do make pretty coloured flames though. In the summer time, when the weather is hot, you chuck 'em in the recycle bin. Some of you even get annoyed enough to post a very prominent sign on your letterbox that reads, "No junk mail" or something that displays similar sentiments. I personally don't like delivering said pallets, because I don't like receiving them in my letterbox. I have stopped short of posting any signs, however, as you just never know. One of these days there JUST might actually be something worthwhile there.

The only consolation I have, is that none of the contents of the pallets that I deliver actually end up in my own letterbox. I'm glad of that. it could present all sorts of moral dilemma if I should have to.

Anyway, what is ironic about all this diatribe ? Try delivering a pallet of this stuff to a house that has very prominently on its letterbox, " NO JUNK MAIL."

No comments: