Saturday, November 15, 2008

We had a good day today.

We went fishing. I was planning on taking one of my workmates with us, but he decided against it. It wasn't a problem really, Herself & I went anyway. In retrospect, I'm glad we went on our own. It was one of those really wonderful day. One of those lovely balmy spring days, the tide was right, the weather was beautiful and the fish were biting in spectacular fashion. I worked my butt off looking after Herself's rod; baiting up, taking fish off etc., etc. I think that the day has given us something special to remember as partial compensation for some of the horrors we have been through lately. Nice memories for her anyway.

It would appear that Herself isn't the only one that's falling to bits. Blood pressure's up, Thyroxine levels are all to shit, Cholesterol is at an unacceptable high & I have finally admitted defeat & gone back on anti-depressants & very grudgingly agreed to counselling. I'm not sure that it will do much good & that is probably not a particularly good attitude to go into it with. I know that I shouldn't have a preconceived concept like that, but counselling & I don't have a particularly good relationship, but for Herself's sake, I will do my best with it.

We had a good day today anyway.

1 comment:

Morticia said...

Some days are diamonds :-)