Monday, August 10, 2009

Coffee & Confessions

I went out for coffee with a very nice young lady last week. Just me & her. We talked for about 3 hours or so. She is the support lady for the Motor Neurone Society. I have never had a lot of time for so called "Support" people. It has been my experience in the past that they are mostly concerned with looking fashionable than helping. This particular lady is a treasure though. I must admit that I wondered to myself at the time about the value of going & talking to her, I thought that I had things fairly well sorted out in my head. Well,without seeming to poke or pry, she managed to get me to talk about all manner of deeply personal things that I haven't even thought about myself for a long time, let alone discussed with anybody.

Its taken me a while to come to terms with this & I don't think that I have sorted out quite yet where it all fits inside my head yet. I've deliberately kept myself busy since, only taking out little bits here & there to think about. Phil came down this weekend to see his mum. That was good for the both of them. I sort of tried to keep out of the way as much as I could to give them time together. They both need that at this point.

Herself goes into Thames Hospital for her gallbladder surgery tomorrow. She is looking forward to it & I don't blame her. It will be so good for her to be free of the nagging constant pain at last. As for me, I'm not sure , but I think for some reason at the moment that I have a mix of hopelessness & quiet desperation. There is so much I want to do for & with her, but every time we try, some obstacle rears its ugly head yet again. Heres hoping that this is the last of it & that there is only the quality time ahead that she so richly deserves.

Well, thats about it. I'll keep you all informed as to how things go. Have a good week OK ?

4 comments:

Kathy said...

I'm praying that Herself will feel much, much better after this surgery, that you will be relieved of some of your worries, and that the medical team will do their jobs to the best of their abilities.

Flattie said...

Thank you. We have a wonderful Surgical team at Thames & they all love Herself because of the voluntary work that she has done there in the past. I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that she will be cared for with love & given the best that the can offer, but still.....

cwnda said...

If Herself's operation has similar effects that Jean experienced after hers, life will be just so much better. Much love from both of us. -Ô¿Ô- 

Anonymous said...

I am so glad they are going to help her, do hope all goes well - love Muna