Sunday, August 02, 2009

I got the lawns mowed today..

Which is probably a good thing, because its now persisting down quite heavy with rain. The young chap building the house next door is doing me a big favour. He is giving me all his offcuts from building his house as firewood.Well, I thought they were firewood right up to the point where herself saw one particular lot & decided that they would make good garden edging. I suppose she is right really. They are after all tanalised timber to ground retention status, they are all the same length, they are all the same part round shape as the bits you see all wired & stapled together at the garden shop & I do own a hammer, staples & a roll of wire. The only bugger of it is that I will have to put it all together & make it look pretty. Oh! i will actually have to motivate myself to buy some builders mix & actually (gasp shudder) make concrete. If I don't, then because of the nicely scalloped shape of the edging, weeds will grow & you just KNOW who will end up doing the weeding.

We went to a funeral yesterday. It was one of my cousins on my Mum's side. She suffered the family curse in the form of Alzheimers for a number of years. It was a happy funeral. The family are all committed God Botherers, so there was plenty of "safe in the arms of Jesus" talk, which I guess is OK if you hold with it & it gives you comfort. I'm a great believer in whatever floats your boat, as long as you don't try to ram it down my neck. Anyway, it was good because it gave me a chance to catch up with my most favourite cousin of all. Shirley. She is in her 80's, doesn't look it, has a wonderful outlook on life & would be one of the few folk that I know of that can actually get away with wearing a red scarf to a funeral. She really is a wonderful tonic. On the way home, we stopped in & had a cuppa with Jude's big brother. Him & his lovely wife really looked after me when I stayed there when herself was in hospital & I always think its nice to call on people like that sometimes because you want to see them, not because you need a favour from them.

Herself is going to do some patchwork with her best mate tomorrow. I did idly entertain the though of going fishing, but the weather is starting to look like a sock full of cold porridge. will probably just mooch about the house & maybe collect a bit more wood from next door. Wednesday, we have a very important appointment at the hospital in Thames. We find out then if the anaethistist is prepared to accept the responsibility of supervising the removal of Herself's gall bladder on the 11th August. If not, then its more time at Waikato.

Thursday, I am going for coffee with the nice lady from the Motor Neuron disease support group. Just her & I in Paeroa. I must admit to feeling a touch strange about it, but it will give me a chance I guess to talk about things that I am a little reluctant to when Herself is round.

All in all, a busy week ahead. I might even find some time to wrestle with wires hammers & staples. Anything is possible I guess.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

All good luck with Wednesday's appointment. The sooner it is sorted out the better and hopefully will relieve Herself of some of the pain.. Hugs Muna.