Thursday, August 13, 2009

Pilgrim's Progress

The last few days have been overwhelming. So many people contacting us with kind wishes. On behalf of Herself & I thank you all. She is improving nicely day to day. The hardest thing I guess, is that she has to further restrict an already restricted diet. We have to get used to a new low fat diet as well now. Still, I had a brainwave yesterday. The freezer cabinets at the supermarket have quite a range of prepackaged weight watcher meals, so we have stocked the freezer with them. I felt for her at lunchtime today though, when I was eating a salad, which she used to really enjoy & now can't. She burst into tears. Not good.

I'm actually trying to lose weight. I have put on quite a bit since I quit work. You dont need to know how much, but its too much. So I have to eat salad & stuff. I have finally realised that I dont need to eat as much as I used to. Putting this in to practise isnt easy though.

Reality is biting a bit for us both in the dietary department I guess. Anyway, she is improving nicely & hopefully it won't be too long before we can start tripping around the place. She has 4 small cuts on her tum that didn't even require stitches, so apart from being a bit tender, she is progressing well. Once again thank you everybody for your love & concern.

2 comments:

Kathy said...

Flattie, below is a website that has some tips as to how to make frozen dinners more palatable:

http://gomestic.com/cooking/how-to-make-frozen-dinners-taste-better/

I don't know whether it will be of much help, but Herself might appreciate your looking into it.

K

Anonymous said...

Glad to to see Herself is progressing and am sorry salads are off her menu. Hugs Muna.