Monday, September 06, 2010

Pretty much the best birthday & Fathers Day ever

Those of you who follow my blog will know that I celebrated my birthday in royal & Dubious fashion last Saturday night. Those of you who know me will also know that my birthday wasn't actually till Thursday. its still a wonderment to me that I have reached the age that used to be considered retirement age. Still, only another 5 years to go I guess.

Not wanting the actual occasion to go unnoticed, we decided on a somewhat quieter & more family oriented evening at a local hostelry. The food was a mixed bag. I must say that I was disappointed with my main, a T bone steak as was my eldest son who had the same. Leasa was also sadly let down with a venison pie that was sadly lacking in seasoning. The high point for me was the effort that the front of house staff went to looking after Jude. They were really great, being attentive & actually listening to what we asked for. sadly, Jude didn't eat that much. I am rapidly reaching the conclusion that she needs peace & quiet with no distractions whatsoever so that she can concentrate fully on the actual eating process, not that she actually eats very much anyway, but she diid manage a little scrambled egg & some pavlova. so anyway, here we are, my family..
The only one missing is Anna. She is such an energetic wee thing that it was deemed much easier to leave her at home with a baby sitter. Fathers Day was spent in a laid back fashion at Seans house, where we are now staying. Both of my sons have made huge efforts to ensure that their old Dad & Jude have a truly memorable holiday with them. My heart is filled with joy & gratitude & my eyes are filled with tears. Both Jude & I will have some very happy memories to cover the tough times ahead

No comments: