Thursday, October 14, 2010

Cough Please...

I think I caught it in Dunedin. Certainly my eldest son & his family all have it. A real shitty cough that you get for a week or so. It goes away, then comes back again just when you think you're fine. It's very debilitating in the end. I think I have had it back about 4 times & this time it really seems to have settled in. So much so that I went to the doc's today. He's given me a course of fast track anti biotics, so hopefully, that will clear things up. It's very difficult to enjoy retirement when all you want to do is sleep all day. At least I can do it without any guilt trips about letting a boss down by not being at work. That's one good thing I guess.

Meanwhile, Jude remains disgustingly healthy, albeit glued to the telly for the Commonwealth Games. I haven't watched much at all except for the seven's rugby. It's a principle for me. I find it scandalous that a country with so much grinding poverty & social problems can throw so much money at a feel good thing like the games. Anyway, normal service will resume tomorrow night... I can't wait... Sharpe, Sea Patrol......

We are going through the process of applying for funding to get our big bathroom converted to a proper wet area for Jude at the moment. Its quite a lengthy thing with lots of paperwork. Fortunately, our Occupational Therapist is a darling & very helpful, so fingers crossed I guess. Will let you know how we go.

It wasn't as much of an issue while we were away, but I am slowly coming to terms with the food situation, not having to buy so much in the way of grocries etc. The most important thing & also the hardest is actually making sure that I have at least one nutritious meal a day that includes the odd bit of greenery & fibre. I am getting there, eventually.

1 comment:

The Gardiner's said...

Best of luck for the funding application.

Erin and Bill