Wednesday, October 20, 2010

How much is that doggy in the window?

I've decided that I need another dog in my life. Cats are fine, but you can't load them into the car & take them to the beach for a swim. Well I mean, you probably can but I don't think it would be a happy experience for any of the parties involved. I have been haunting Trade me & pets on the Net, but i think that i am at a real disadvantage not living in Auckland, because thats where most of them are & that's where they want them to stay. All i want is a smaller dog, preferably about 3 or 4 years old thats grown out of the stupid stage & doesn't chew stuff or pee on the carpets any more.

I may have found one at our local SPCA. He's a little miniature Foxie. He wandered into the council offices in Paeroa & effectively gave himself up. He's been in the pound for the requisite 7 days & is now up for adoption. He's getting his little nuts cut out & getting microchipped tomorrow, so I think I might take him on 7 days trial. It all depends on how he gets on with the Ginger Ninja's really. He's quite smart, so I don't think it will take him long if he doesn't already know that cats are bad juju.

Why do I want a dog ? Companionship mainly & an excuse to actually get out & do some exercise in the form of walking. We think this little man is about a year old, so he should be mostly over the stupid stage. Well anyway, I guess we will find out. There is another little dog we have been told about locally, but we haven't heard, so I guess thats not really a good sign. Time will tell anyway I guess..

No comments: