Tuesday, October 12, 2010

I'm Retired. Do it yourself

I bought a Tee shirt some time ago with this message printed on it. half in jest it was. but it's slowly dawning on me that it is actually true. Well, the bit about being retired anyway. OK, so all it means is that I don't have to seek paid employment any more, or go through means testing, but effectively, thats it. Quite a sobering thought when it all starts to sink in. I don't feel old enough for it in a lot of respects & in others I feel way overdue. Now, what am I going to do with all this leisure ? Hmmmm... Ok, so there are lawns to mow, concreting to be done, gardens to weed, edges to be trimmed, Sherman to wash, housework to do & most importantly Jude to care for.. Hmmm... What'll I do first ? I dunno, maybe I should just think about it till tomorrow.. Yeah, & theres the garage to sort out & the courtyard to tidy.........

Oh yes !!! Its good to know that its not just silly old drunken buggers that fall down while running. This from this mornings Herald...


I feel her pain......

No comments: