Friday, November 19, 2010

Priceless


I'm trying to write this with a Dachshund curled up on the desk in front of me. Its not easy, as you can see.

I had a good day yesterday. I went fishing. Both our grand children in Auckland are being confirmed on Sunday, so she wanted to go to the Catholic shop & get something suitable for them.This really isn't my thing, but one of her friends who is also a reformed RC offered to take her, so it made for a nice afternoon for them both. I rounded up me new mate Kevin from the dairy down the road & we went fishing instead. This is what I came home with as well as 8 other very nice fish.


It was a bit lumpy out, but it didn't really matter, good company & some nice fish in the bin makes all the difference. I'm going to smoke it this morning, no doubt under Whispas' capable supervision. I'm going to take it up to Auckland with us as my contribution to Sunday lunch. Kind of appropriate really I think Don't you ? I had the best nights sleep last night that I have had in ages. I haven't gone fishing in a while because Jude has just been too tired for it , but bless her, she understands my need to be on the water & our home help who is also a very dear friend is happy to cover & keep an eye on her. It does us both good I think.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

it is lovely to hear from you. i look for your post every day. love your dashhound! what a pretty girl! i have three minis staying with me over the holidays, little treasures, each one.

Flattie said...

Thank you. I certainly wouldn't be without her now. I have had a few issues with house training as she is an ex kennel dog, but she has the idea now & is very good. You must have your hands full with 3 of them, but they are a beautiful animal aren't they ?